Done.

I finally had my teaching interview today to get on the sub list. I was much less nervous today than on Wednesday so it was kind of a blessing in disguise for it to be postponed. The superintendent was so easy to talk to and laid back. It was the most comfortable a job interview has ever been for me.

He kept telling me I was doing well and that I was giving great answers. At the end of the interview he said he usually doesn't do this, but he asked if he could critique my interview. I was actually thrilled that he wanted to do that. He went through each of the questions and my answers and told me when my answers were perfect and others where he was looking for something different. He gave me pointers for the future and I walked away with some very valuable information. He told me not walk out feeling like it didn't go well, because he said I had a great interview and I completely won him over ;) Yesssss! So I am officially a substitute teacher....

...I just need to wait for that first call now.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

congrats! Hope that first subbing call comes soon - have you made up business cards yet?

Kindra said...

No business cards yet. Maybe in the Spring when I'm looking to get a lot of subbing jobs, but being 7 months pregnant and taking care of the fam and Eva I only want a few days a month. Hopefully that's doable :)

Vanessa said...

I'm sure it's doable! At any rate, you'll be so popular that you'll be able to pick and choose when and where you want to go. I found that 4 days a month was just right for me. Subbing is kind of neat because any day you don't get called in almost feels like a mini-vacation!

Blog Archive