Better Now

While this whole parenting two kids thing has been pretty easy so far, a few things have gotten even better:

- Isabella is taking formula, and she's getting fat and happy. Even though I kept second-guessing myself about "giving up" breastfeeding, I know for sure it was the right thing to do. She is a bit of a piggie and wants 3-4 ounces of formula per feeding...when I pump I can only get 1-2 ounces at the most.

- I tried to quit breastfeeding cold turkey and after the pain of my rock hard breasts nearly killed me, I decided since I have this great breast pump for the next 2 weeks there's no reason why I can't quit slowly. I pump every 8 hours or so to release the pressure...this also means my little Bella Bean gets a bit more breast milk. It makes me feel better :)

- As Eva has gotten over her eye infection and ear infection, her tantrums and disobedience is waning. She is becoming our happy little girl again, giggling and smiling and having fun. She is taking more notice of Bella and gets a big smile on her face when she touches her head, strokes her face or pokes her nose. She helped me feed and burp Isabella yesterday and almost peed her pants she was so excited. She has stopped calling her "puppy" and is finally calling her "baby". We ask her to say "Bella" but it just comes out "BLAAAH!" Pretty dang cute though.

Oh my girls. They give me so much joy.


P.S. Steve and I are going on the sweetest date tomorrow...we get to go to Stomp! Friends of ours are looking after the girls for a couple hours and we get to enjoy some alone time. Yay!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm so happy for your adorable family! I'm also so happy that you get to go to the concert now!! By the way, it sounds SO adorable when you say your girls!! Have a wonderful time!! Tarilie

Blog Archive