Gourmet Afternoon


I'm sitting down to eat a meditteranean turkey sandwich on olive bread with roasted red pepper hummus, with a side of extra hummus to dip....mmmm. It's a combination I've been thinking about trying for awhile, and now that I actually am, I'm patting myself on the back for a great idea.

I'm having quite a gourment afternoon. I decided to dive into my little red notebook of favorite recipes, and type them out for a friend. I don't think she reads this blog, so if you know who I'm talking about don't tell her...and if she does read it..."Merry Christmas!" It's nice to find friends who love cooking and food as much as I do, so I thought I would share the best of the best from the little red notebook.




I started my little red notebook 5 years ago when my mom passed away. My mom had this notebook where she kept track of all her favorite recipes. When she passed away I asked my stepdad if I could have it - it was so full of memories and comfort foods that she prepared. He said no. I was so sad....so I started my own. I began the book by copying out all my favorite recipes from her book, and then I've added to it over the years. It's my favorite recipe book that I own. And this is my first time sharing it....so I'm excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that will be the best Christmas present ever! You should add pictures to your cookbook, your food photography is amazing! I'm getting hungry just looking at it!

Tarilie

Nialle Travnik said...

A very cool and bittersweet story about the recipe book. I'd love to hear about some of the stuff you cook out of there...

Blog Archive