A New Development

As I've said before, my girl has been sleeping through the night since she was 8 weeks old (with the exception of shots and growth spurts of course). Lately her newest achievement of rolling over from her back to her front has been the cause for a few sleepless nights or short naps. She will roll over onto her belly and either get her arm/shoulder caught underneath her body weight and will scream because she is losing circulation to her hand, or she will scream anyway because she is on her tummy and she can't fall asleep. I was wondering how long this was going to take to blow over (one website said months!)....

This morning I heard Eva stirring at 8:30am. I looked at the clock and didn't feel like either of us had slept long enough yet, so I waited to see if her cries died down and she would go back to sleep (which she often does). They weren't death screams, only whiney I am awake cries, so after 5-10 minutes it was silent. I rolled over and realized I would be getting more precious sleep. Around 10am I woke up, but Eva still hadn't. I decided it was time for both of us to start our day, and as I sauntered into her room, lo and behold!!....This is what I found:


She had rolled onto her belly, and was able to get comfortable enough to fall asleep! I love new baby achievements.

0 comments:

Blog Archive