Ultrasound Results

Yesterday when I said I was waiting to torture my bladder I really wasn't kidding and I actually had a pretty wretched time. I've had problems before, where I don't drink enough water and then the tech gets mad at me because she has problems seeing what's happening in my uterus. I guess I got a little carried away this time, and only a 1/2 hour after drinking my water I felt like I was going to explode. I still had an hour to hold it, and it got so bad I was pacing and using every muscle in my stomach to hold the dam of pee inside my body. When I finally began to cry I was in so much pain, I decided it would probably be a good idea if I relieved myself a bit. Ha! You try stopping pee mid stream when you've drank 2 gallons of water! Anyways, I had momentary relief, but then pretty soon I was whining to my husband that we had to get to the appointment early so I could get rid of my pee as soon as possible. I cried again on the way to the appointment and it took every ounce of strength I had not to whizz all over the seat.

When I got to the clinic I asked "Is it supposed to hurt this bad?" She could see my agony and allowed me to relieve myself one full cup of pee. I felt SOO much better. I was worried I let too much go, when the radiologist tech said "Your bladder is DOUBLE the size it's supposed to be!"

Alright...might have overdone it a leeeeeetle bit.


But the good news is all's well in babyland! The radiologist said everything looked good: he saw both arms, legs, four chambers of the heart beating, 2 hemispheres of the brain, no spinal weirdness and no cleft palate. Phewf!! That is a relief. Since our radiologists are not allowed to tell you if it's a boy or girl (your doc has to), I asked him if he could tell the gender and if he could put it in the report. He searched for a couple seconds then said "Yep!" "What do you think it is?"

I really have no idea. Since we are 95% sure this is our last baby, Steve is really hoping for a boy...other than that, I have no clue.

He started to tell me that it's really early to tell, and even if he says its one gender or the other in the report he might be wrong...."Cuz you know, a boy's testes haven't dropped fully yet" I sat there thinking "What are you trying to tell me? That I'm having a boy?!" So I was pretty much convinced all of yesterday that he was sneakily telling me that this baby is a boy. Then my husband told me today he see's it from the other perspective...that he could have been trying to say it's a girl, but you may still get your boy because the testes haven't dropped yet.

Now I'm all confused! At least I only have to wait until tomorrow morning to see my doc and find out once and for all.


So what do you think? Boy or Girl?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kindra...it was so great to see you guys :) I'm glad your baby is healthy. I'm not going to guess whether it's a boy or girl. I can't wait until you find out which it is though :) Take care.

Anonymous said...

It's so funny, I never want to guess either even though you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I'm so happy to hear that your baby is healthy! Are you telling us when you find out? I hope so, I can't wait!!! Tarilie

Blog Archive