Almost.

I had 3 big stressful things to do this week, falling on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Since I can be a bit of a worry-wart and have my stomach tied in knots for days before a big stressful thing....I decided not to do that this time. Each time I tried to think about the big stressful things that I had coming up on Tuesday and Wednesday I told myself to "forget about it...just concentrate on cooking this big Thanksgiving dinner today, and worry about the next thing tomorrow".

And while yes, this system indeed did actually work, it hit me like a ton of bricks last night that it was now time to stress about Wednesday. Today. My Teaching Interview.

Yep, I finally got in all my paperwork for applying to be a substitute teacher. I am now jumping this last hurdle of being interviewed and then I will be ON the sub list. I haven't had a job interview in 3 years, let alone it being a job I actually really want. I think the only thing that is easing my mind and making it slightly less worrisome is that I'm not applying for a particular teaching position...just to make it to the sub list. And I don't think they would deny me that unless I was a complete bumbling idiot at the interview and showed no capability of being able to teach students.

Which won't happen.

But I'm still nervous.

3 comments:

Me said...

I'm glad to hear that you've reached this point - and once you start teaching the hours will be shorter and the pay way higher than LC!

By the time you read this the interview is likely over but I hear it's a breeze and I know you'll do fine!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm soo excited for you!! You would have had a fantastic interview!!!
Tarilie

Kindra said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Too bad they postponed my interview to Friday...one more day of having my stomach in knots ;)

Blog Archive