Much Needed Time Away

These days I feel like I'm lugging my fat, waddling whale-body through my day. This belly has gotten out of control and I feel like it's way bigger than when I was pregnant with Eva. The baby is nestling in nicely to my pelvic bone and I feel some days like it's going to crack and she's going to fall right through it. I've got 5.5 more weeks to go and I can hardly believe that this baby is dropping into our lives so soon. My body is so ready to NOT be pregnant anymore, yet my life isn't ready yet for sleep-deprived days, sore nipples, the cries of a demanding baby, and the loss of a full night's sleep. My husband and I are going to enjoy a weekend of freedom before this baby makes it's entrance and we are slipping off on a "Babymoon".

We are filling this weekend with travel, good friends, good food, and a night alone to enjoy a fancy dinner and our favorite bed and breakfast. We won't return to Eva until the next day after we've been fully rested, taken full advantage of the 2-person jacuzzi tub in our room and enjoyed some time alone together. I will miss my girl so much (it will be my first night away from her), but I'm looking forward to focusing on my wonderful husband. Life is about to get chaotic from the bustle of Christmas and impending baby, so I'm going to savor a weekend of peace.

4 comments:

audrey said...

That is so great. I remember the first few weeks after Liam arrived and how extremely tired I was...how come nobody told me how incredibly sleepy you will be?! I wish I had done a babymoon to rest up.
Have fun!

Me said...

As if only 5.5 weeks before baby! I hope you have a totally wonderful weekend and that it's all you expect and need.

Vanessa said...

enjoy your much deserved break!

Precision Quality Laser said...

Wish I had known about babymoons back when I was pregnant! :) I hope you got some great rest and relaxation in....

Blog Archive