A Little Peace and Quiet

Our "Babymoon" was everything I had hoped it would be and more. It was relaxing, romantic, fun, delicious, luxurious and peaceful all rolled into a nice little ball. Our friends that looked after Eva treated us to the best Indian food in the city (I sooo want to try and recreate their Chicken Korma...and Paneer Pakoras....and Mint Chutney....oh too many delicious things to eat!)

Our evening alone began when we left Eva in the early afternoon, went shopping, and then went to a ritzy restaurant for our supper. My husband had the best Filet Mignon I had ever tasted (and I secretly wished that I had ordered it) as I ate my first crab legs (good, not great). It was so wonderful not to have to rush through dinner, or eat a cold supper because I had a hungry toddler to feed first who is throwing food on the floor and whining to get out of her chair. We had peace and quiet and wonderful conversation totally focused on each other. It felt like we were dating again.

We then drove out to our favorite bed and breakfast and lapped up every minute of being there. It has been over 2 years since we last stayed there which is a crying shame. Not only are the hosts the nicest people ever, but the room is luxurious, gorgeous, and romantic with a delicious breakfast in the morning to top it all off (homemade granola with yogurt and berries, pecan bread, orange juice, gourmet coffee and eggs benedict.....oh my). The room we stayed in was newly renovated with a massage jet tub built for two which felt wonderful on my tired, pregnant body. Not to mention we got to sleep in until 9:15am!! (we are such parents).

Ahhhh....sigh. It's a shame it couldn't last just a little bit longer.

We came home rejuvenated and relaxed only to be thrust into a busy, hectic week. Exhaustion is becoming my middle name. At least it was peaceful for a little while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! I am SO glad you guys had such a nice time :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, that sounds perfect! Now the fun part is that you can always think back to those relaxing moments during your hectic times!
Tarilie

Blog Archive