Christmas Frenzy

We've been in a Christmas frenzy around here...so much so, that we haven't even put up our Christmas tree yet. I love the cozy comfort of a Christmas tree, but it's just so much dang work. Last weekend Steve and I planned on putting up the tree, trimming it, sipping mugs of hot chocolate, eating cookies and watching Christmas movies. We did all that...except the tree. We are a week away from Christmas and still no tree!

The Christmas frenzy has mostly been from me working in the Kindergarten room. There has been much frantic Christmas activity partaking and the kids were almost vibrating off the walls with excitement. It was fun and rewarding to see their faces alight with joy, but sooooo exhausting. I don't know what I was thinking but not only did I teach every morning, I also had places to go and things to do every afternoon this week. Doctor's appointments, cooking class, swimming and coffee dates.

Somewhere along the way, Eva got sick this week. She's had a raging fever for the last two days, and decided to upchuck her sippy of milk this morning. The smell was so putrid I ended up throwing up my own breakfast. Needless to say it took quite awhile to finally get the mess under control. The bonus of the whole ordeal was that throwing up finally made her fever break. My first day off in week's and I'm spending it with a sick baby, a bucket of throw up and another trip to the doctor in this -25 degree weather.

It doesn't look like the frenzy will end any time soon...we have more Christmas parties, cleaning, baking, shopping and preparing for family to come here. Whoever thought it was a good idea to get knocked up and have a baby so close to Christmas?


P.S. Just for a break I spent the ENTIRE afternoon watching soaps and talk shows and eating candy and chocolate in my pajamas.

4 comments:

Julie Hawryluk said...

That is the way to do it hun, take a day off in your pj's and be a couch potatoe!! Relax a little cause soon you will have 2 and so will I and the time to relax will be next to none! And your Christmas will all fall into place :) It's always a crazy time of year! Happy Holidays to your family...

Anonymous said...

Maybe Eva getting sick was a sign that you were just meant to stay home and relax for a bit! I hope that Eva and you are both feeling better!! Just like Jules said, everything will fall into place, it always does!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was from Tarilie

Kindra said...

Thanks Jules and Tarilie. Yeah it was really nice to spend the day on the couch, because I have going non-stop ever since and it doesn't look like it will end soon. I was hoping this baby would come early, but now not so much! I need time to relax and it doesn't look like that end is in sight until after Christmas!

Blog Archive