Grace In Small Things: Part 12 of 365

1. Finishing the last quilt block.2. My husband not complaining about me converting our dining room table into my sewing room for the last 4 days.

3. Discovering a movie from my childhood and watching it with Eva (an 'oopie' in Eva's words).

4. Cleaning the kitchen late at night with a glass of white zinfandel.

5. Realizing Tupperware is just as a good a toy as any to a toddler.



Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in 365 days of grace in small things.

6 comments:

Julie Hawryluk said...

The quilt looks great! Its gonna be so cute once its all together...

Erika Britt said...

Lovin' the quilt! I love the fabrics you chose (polka dots make everything GREAT).
Hey, Arden and I did "grace in small things" with our youth/young adults at our church this week. It was an awesome exercise for them.

Vanessa said...

What a neat looking quilt! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm hoping to do a bit of sewing myself this year - maybe a dress or two for Ada!

Kindra said...

Erika that's really cool. What did you have them do?

And thanks for all the compliments everyone.

Erika Britt said...

Well we were wanting to kind of have everyone share a little bit of their journey but we didn't want them to feel on the spot or intimidated. So we asked them to share how they had seen grace in 3 small (or big) things and just kind of let them run with it as far as how comfortable they felt. It was a great way for them to have boundaries and a structure from which to share instead of just saying, "hey, let's share from our personal/vulnerable journeys." It went so well I think we might even do it again.

jacquie said...

the quilting is turning out great! i love that you used flannel.

Blog Archive