Sick and Tired of Sick

I had high hopes of relaxing and yet accomplishing much on my February break away from teaching.  But just a few days before my Dad went home, I could feel a cold setting in and rattling my bones.  I fought it off while he was here, but pretty much the minute he left, my body succumbed to sickness.

As long as it took to finally settle in and be a Cold, it took twice as long to leave my body.  The television became my children's babysitter while I lay flat out on the couch, willing my body to rest and feel better.

As it always does when sickness sets in, my house fell to shambles.  My kids and I stayed in pajama's all day and we ate ghetto style meals, like toast and bananas, leftover rice and some quickly steamed broccoli.

IMG_3589

By now, I'm pretty sick and tired of being sick.

0 comments:

Blog Archive