Edible Color Wheel

I just wanted to share a super fun project that I did with my grade 2's for art class....I wrote about it in much more detail here. I wanted to teach them the color wheel, so I brought RED, YELLOW and BLUE colored icing. The kids worked in partners and iced a cookie to represent these three primary colors. They then took a new container, and mixed red+yellow, blue+yellow, and red+blue to create the secondary colors...we also did more mixing to create the tertiary colors. The kids had a blast, and when it was all done they got to eat their colorful cookies! I not only impressed the kids with this project, but the other teachers too....they were wandering into my classroom and checking things out and kept saying "you need to give me a copy of this lesson plan!" It was one of the funnest days of teaching I have had.



0 comments:

Blog Archive