An Old Hobby Resurfaces

A couple weeks ago, I started scrapbooking again. It was one of my favorite things to do with my mom, but I haven't scrapbooked in 3 or 4 years. Having all this time on my hands, I decided to dig my wedding photo's out of the closet. I hadn't even put them into an album yet, so I decided that was a good place to start with my scrapbooking. I invested in a bunch of supplies, and it was so much fun to shop for! Since then, my kitchen table has been taken over with scrapbooking gear. Colorful papers, ribbons, brads, flowers, buttons...Oh my! It's been great to have a break from laundry and dishes, and to do something I enjoy so much.


Surprisingly, my hubby loves it too! He's not scrapbooking with me, he just enjoys how it's turning out. He's so supportive. He hasn't even gotten mad that I took over the kitchen table!


One element I have found to be really important is journaling. Writing out what Steve and I were thinking and feeling, or stories surrounding a certain picture...It'll be really cool one day when Eva looks through it, or our grandchildren look through it and can read about what we thought and felt.


It would have been cool if my mom or grandma had done that.

3 comments:

Mike and Tor said...

Wow Kin - I can barely see the details from the pics, but it looks amazing! I can't wait to see the final product. How is your little princess? I'm sure she's growing like a weed - I wish I could come there to see her..but alas traveling by myself is not an option anytime soon.
Let me know the next time you plan on coming this way so we can hook up.

Mike and Tor said...

Oh - and I haven't seen any of your wedding pics yet - I'd love to see them too...

Kindra said...

Hey Thanks Tor! If you click on the pics, you can see the detail. Umm..I think maybe we will be in Edmonton possibly in November?? I'll let you know...and if I am, maybe I will bring my scrapbook and my wedding pics :)

Blog Archive