Early Morning Cuddle Turned All-Nighter

Well, it happened....my baby got sick. It's not too bad yet, but she still looks miserable with her snotty stuffed up nose and her red watery eyes. I braced myself tonight before I went to bed, knowing she would be probably up in the wee hours of the morning because she wasn't feeling well. And up she was at about 3:30am. It was short-lived, and ended as soon as I sauntered into her room, picked her up and cuddled her and rubbed her back. It was a precious stolen moment of cuddling my baby. She fell asleep with her legs wrapped around my waist and her head resting gently on my shoulder. Only about five minutes after she had woken up, I had consoled her back to sleep....but it has turned into 3 hours of awake time for me!! I can't for the life of me fall back to sleep. I have layed in bed and tossed and turned...I have perused all my favorite blogs, and meandered around facebook, but I am still bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6am.

....coffee is going to be so appreciated later this morning. If you come equipped with Starbucks I promise I will love you forever.

3 comments:

Me said...

Brutal! It's good that Eva's sleep wasn't too interrupted though. Sierra was so tired out that she is still asleep - 13hrs and counting! Why am I up...? Coffee does sound extra good this morning.

Vanessa said...

The early morning snuggle sounds so nice, but the sleeplessness doesn't! I hope you got a good dose of caffeine to keep you going through the day.

Kindra said...

Here's an update: Didn't even fall asleep until 7am!!...BUT Eva let me sleep in until 11am, so it all evened out in the end and I wasn't even tired today. Eva gets a high five for that one.

Blog Archive