Flu Bug

This past week has been a busy one. My dad was here all last week, so there was lots of game-playing, shopping, eating, and Grandpa/Grand-daughter time. On Wednesday I could feel a tickle sliding it's way down my throat, and by Thursday the tickle in my throat had translated to aches in my bones. On Friday I figured the sickness wouldn't hit me too hard....it had already been 3 days and I was still fine. My dad left that afternoon, so it gave me plenty of time to rest...I ended up hacking up both lungs that evening. Saturday morning rolled around and I could barely get out of bed. Every bone and muscle in my body ached, I couldn't stop coughing, I slept most of the day, and when I stood up I felt a little whoozy. And it has continued like that until today...today I finally feel half normal. Still whoozy and light-headed, slightly like I want to throw up, and a bit of a cough still...but much better than this past dreadful weekend. It is not fun or easy taking care of a baby when you are that sick! Luckily Steve took care of Eva most of the time. There were a few hours I was left alone with her and left to contend with my fever, my chills, my dizziness, etc...while feeding/half-heartedly playing with my baby. Not fun.

Steve was sick before me, then I got it and got hit even harder....fingers crossed that Eva doesn't get it. Although I'm sure she will. She has been really whiney with a runny nose today, so I'm guessing this little flu bug wants to take a turn on the Eva train. The least it could do is wait until I am better, so I can take care of my sick little goob properly.

1 comments:

Me said...

Ugh! I had a milder version of the same sick you had too last week. Lo and behold - now Sierra has a runny nose. I sure hope it doesn't develop into more for her or Eva!

Blog Archive