Homemade Baby Bib

By 11am it was an idea.

By this evening they were some cool homemade baby bibs. Here's what I did.

I took these old t-shirts that were in the salvation army pile


And this ugly bib my Grandma gave to Eva. While I was feeding Eva this morning, I was looking at this ugly bib, and realizing that I always choose it because of how big it is, and because it's so easy to get over her head. That's when I decided to make my own cool looking ones. I layed the ugly bib over top of t-shirt and then traced it and cut it out.
Then I drew some cute designs and some paper, then cut it out. I placed them on the leftover t-shirt scraps and cut out pieces.
I pinned the cut out pieces of fabric on the bib.
And sewed the fabric by hand onto the bib (sorry the colors are so different in all the pics. The lighting was weird. It's supposed to be dark purple, light blue, light green and dark green/khaki)
Here are my finished bibs.
This guy already had a design on it, so I just sewed a few buttons on to give it a little pizazz.
I love this butterfly and those wooden buttons.
You can barely tell, but this is a light blue bird with a light green wing. It's so cute!
I'm really happy with how my little creative project went today. It was a lot of fun, but once I got started I really didn't get much else done. I'm still excited that I have one bib left to sew a design onto...I'm thinkin' I'll make a watermelon wedge and sew little black buttons as the seeds. Yay for craftyness!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Very crafty and super cute! Speaking of crafty, thanks for letting me know about the softie swap...I joined and am super nerdy excited about it. I just have to figure out what to make now!

Kindra said...

Thanks Vanessa! Oh good, I'm glad you joined. It seemed like something up your alley. If I knew how at all, I'd want to make that sock elephant...that thing is so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable, you are very talented!
Tarilie

Blog Archive