Photo Challenge Friday - Week 3

Photo Friday is here again. I really love how this course is helping me to learn the ins and outs of taking good pictures and how to operate the settings of this thing. If you haven't downloaded the PDF files and aren't reading the material before you do the challenges...do it! It's so beneficial. Go here and do it. Last week after doing the shutter speed challenge, there was further reading for peeps with DSLR's, and it was all about how to operate in Manual mode. Go figure I can do that now!

Okay so onto this weeks challenge...it's all about White Balance. I really liked the knowledge gained from this challenge, because we don't have that much natural light in this house (sometimes I feel claustrophobic because of it!), so lots of times I get really yellow pictures unless I use the flash which makes everything look weird.

Okay, onto the results. I really wanted to know how to change my White Balance settings in a variety of different lights, so I have 3 different scenarios.

Scenario #1: Super Yellow Phosphorescent Lights

Auto White Balance

Tungsten

Custom White Balance

Scenario #2: Natural Light Coming In Through The Window
Auto White Balance

Tungsten

Custom White Balance

Scenario #3: Combination of both Phosphorescent Light and Natural Light

Auto White Balance

Tungsten

Custom White Balance

I think the Natural Light coming in through the windows of course turned out the best. And yes...I realize that Custom White Balance and Auto look suspiciously almost identical. Either I have an awesome AWB or I'm not setting my custom properly...or maybe I am?

Next week's challenge is Fill Flash.

0 comments:

Blog Archive