Photo Challenge For Next Week + Photo Shoot

Here's a heads up on next weeks photo challenge, in case you are following along and want to think about it or get started on it.

I'm actually at my Dad's visiting my family right now. Eva and I decided to take a little trip since a friend of mine was heading this way. We've enjoyed some DELICIOUS homemade Chinese food, complete with Egg Rolls and Firecracker Shrimp. Seriously incredible.

Eva and I have also been able to spend some quality time with my brother Kris and his girlfriend Ashley. Eva is getting spoiled with attention and squishy baby hugs. Kris and Ashley don't have very many pictures of themselves as a couple, so I offered to take some to practice getting to know my camera. Oh how I love experimenting with this thing! It's also fun being in rural Saskatchewan since there's a great photo backdrop lurking around every corner...old school brick post office, rusty train cars with graffiti, dirt roads, buildings that look like they are about to fall down...I love it. Here are some of our photo shoot pics:









My brother is obsessed with his car. We couldn't do a photo shoot without it.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kin, You are incredible. Look what you're doing after having it a week! I wish I was there SO bad! I miss you incredibly. I'm so happy that you are enjoying the camera so much, you are taking amazing pictures. I love you.

Kindra said...

Thanks babe that means a lot. I miss you too, and I wish you were here. The photo shoot was fun...I don't know how much Kris and Ashley like "artistic" shots though :)

Anonymous said...

wow kindra, your shots are fab! i have to agree, rural sk is awesome for some grunge shots! you did awesome!

Julie Hawryluk said...

your photography looks great! You are truely a natural! I love the train track ones and totally wanna get my sis and her friends together to do some track shots! Always taking pics of babies is hard cause they are always on the go!! Great pics anyways :)

Kindra said...

Julie and Dallas - Thank you both for the encouragement! It's fun experimenting and seeing what you can do. I took some shots in places that I thought might look cool, but really had no idea how they would turn out. Even ones that I thought would be awful turned out good. It's encouraging when the pictures turn out like you had hoped...especially after doing a little editing :)

Erika Britt said...

Wow Kindra. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

WOW! When you were describing the photo shoot to me I had no idea they pictures would be so incredible. You are very talented!!!
Tarilie

Blog Archive