Victoria's Secret

Well, it's not really a secret, but they have the MOST INCREDIBLE fish and chips you've ever tasted. Easily an 11 out of 10. It's this quaint little shanty on the harbor called Barb's Place.



If you find yourself in Victoria you must track it down and try their fish. It's been a week and a half and I'm still having serious cravings for it.


So what if I've got a piece of fish in both hands?


This place was about a half hour jaunt around the harbor from where we were staying in Victoria, but the walk was beautiful. Victoria is so gorgeous...even at night.





We were staying in a boutique hotel in the downtown core, so we were in walking distance of everything. Cool shops, great places to eat, the Parliament buildings, the harbor, and free entertainment like weird guys juggling swords and batons on fire on the street.


We met up with a friend for breakfast and she took us a pier that jutted way out into the water. It was interesting trekking along cement bricks with huge cracks in them with a stroller and two 2 1/2 year olds.







Our time in Victoria was much too short, and we plan to take another trip to Vancouver Island and spend an entire week visiting Victoria, Ucluelet and Tofino. I'm sure the locals hate travelling back and forth on it, but Steve and I loved the ferry. It was so gorgeous weaving in and out of the little islands.




Our little family, happy to be on vacation.



P.S. It has been PAINFUL uploading these photos since I am in rural Saskatchewan.











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you wrote, "We stayed in a hotel downtown", aand then put a picture of the Empress. Make people think we're loaded and stayed there. Right on. I miss it there, we need to back ASAP.

Kindra said...

I know I just realized that I did that. I miss it there too. I just took a bath today and was thinking about the nice, relaxing jacuzzi tub we had in our hotel room. While it wasn't as fancy as the Empress, I still enjoyed the jacuzzi tub in our hotel room! It makes you feel just a little bit spoiled.

Julie Hawryluk said...

wow your pictures make me want to go tomorrow!! I want to start travelling more and those are places on my list :) Great photos and it looks like you guys had a wonderful time!!

Erika Britt said...

Looks like you guys had an AMAZING time exploring new places together as a family. Victoria looks so beautiful. I have a photographer/artist friend from there and she always takes people to that same jagged-y pier for photo shoots.... so pretty! I certainly miss the open air markets of BC... their fresh food is so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, your family is so beautiful!! I feel your pain in loading them. It was bad enough just checking my facebook at home let alone trying to do anything else! Tarilie

Anonymous said...

woo~ I love your family photos! full of love and joy~~ your BB is soooo cute~

Blog Archive