Vancouver Stole My Heart

Sorry I've been lagging on the Vancouver details. It was such a full, amazing week I don't even know how to start. My pictures are better than my words, so I'll keep it simple.

Highlights of the Trip:


- My baby being a gem on the flight.



- The duck pond outside our guest room.

- The Sea bus was cool.

That isn't a postcard; I took it myself. Isn't Vancouver gorgeous?!

- Hanging out at Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver.

Gotta get the scenic shot.




Steve's favorite thing is trying imported beer. This one was from England.


My new lover: White Zinfandel. I'm pining over the white zinfandel.


Eva's checking out the action at the Lonsdale Quay Market.


- The Ferry to Victoria was an absolutely gorgeous trip.


- LOVED Victoria.



- Granville Island was my most favorite place we visited in Vancouver.






You can't see it, but that suitcase says "King of the Ukelele!"

- And of course, the purpose of the whole trip...hanging out with Steve's Dad.
Eva loves her Grandpa.

I'll say it again...it was SUCH a great trip. We spent lots of quality time with Steve's Dad, and met some of Steve's family for the first time. I adored Vancouver and would go back any day. Although, I have to say that Vancouver is a city of hustle and bustle. It literally looked like cattle had been let out of the gates when we'd get of the sea bus, ferry or sky train. I actually loved Victoria even more than Vancouver...it was so lush, green, artsy, and best of all...slow. We felt relaxed when we were there, even if it was only for a day.

So that's the trip in a nutshell. Loved it.

5 comments:

Me said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I enjoy visiting both places but don't wish to live there. A random side comment: your hair is getting super long!

Kindra said...

Yeah I would agree with you...I don't think I'd want to live in Vancouver. Victoria....maybe. It was so beautiful, but we visited a friend there and she said it can feel really claustrophobic, because you are isolated on the island. You HAVE to take the ferry to get out. DEFINITELY would not want to be buying a house there - a million dollars for a nice house. Not a mansion...but a regular ol' nice house. Everyone rents and it's around $2000 a month. Yep... I think we'll be sticking around Lethbridge :

Anonymous said...

Hey Kin, just checking out your blog..finally. I love your B.C pics..very beautiful! It seems like I haven't seen you forever...B.C, Alberta, Saskatchewan..cant wait for you to be back in Alberta so we can hang out again!

Kindra said...

I know it's true. I can't wait to be home and just hang out with my hubs and my friends :) It's been really fun being in Vancouver and Saskatchewan, but I'll be ready to be home.

Julie Hawryluk said...

all the pictures look great! I totally wanna go there now!! I have never been either... and it looks amazing! One of my goals is to travel more! And the one with Eva in her airplane seat is to cute!!

Blog Archive