BBQ's and Beaches

I know, I know, the long weekend is long gone, but this one was monumental for us. Steve and I have never had May Long Weekend off together - he has always worked shift work, and I have always been in retail, but this year...*SHOCKING...we had the weekend OFF. TOGETHER. I loved it.

We had ourselves a cute little family barbecue to kick off the weekend. I made some mouthwatering Greek Ribs (my mom's special recipe) and we tore into them as we enjoyed the beautiful Spring sun.

Even Eva got in on the action.

Look at that chubby belly!






We also went to the opening night of "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"....all I can say is EPIC.

On Saturday the sun was shining and the day was gorgeous, so our family and the Tucker family packed up the babies and a picnic and spent the day at the beach.

It was Eva and Brooklyn's first experience with the beach and the lake, and they discovered that sticks and rocks are AWESOME to eat. Eva also discovered that she DOES NOT like the lake.



She looked way too cute in her little red polka dot bikini though.


Everyone had a great day at the beach.

See what I mean?? It was a seriously great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No it wasn't, It was a terrible weekend. I HATE RIBS!!! Especially when they're barbequed... gross!!!! And spending time with my fam at the beach... worst!!!
Yeah, it was a pretty great weekend.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had fun, and those ribs look SO GREAT! I'll be trying those for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kindra! I'm happy that you got to enjoy the long weekend. You couldn't have had a better long weekend together since most May long's involve snow! Wasn't it beautiful! Oh, and Eva is soo adorable in her little bikini!
Tarilie

Blog Archive