Slacking

My only excuse is that we've had a ridiculously crazy last week and a half. No Photo Challenge Friday today, because I didn't even get to the photo challenge for last week. Dang! Here's been the happenings for the last week or so:

Thursday - Our awesome friends Tara and Jon, drove down to visit us. They had never been here, and just decided they needed some brown rolling coulee's action. Or possibly they thought the 4 hour round trip would be relaxing. Or maybe they just wanted to see their favorite new friends...that's probably it. We took the babes for a walk around the lake, ate delicious food, and then capped the night off with the best show ever invented: The Office.

Sunday - We were the ones driving up to to see Tara and Jon. Tara had planned a surprise birthday for Jon, complete with AMAZING party food. Tara is my culinary partner in crime, and each time we see each other we try to make great food to impress each other with. We got into a rousing game of Settler's of Catan, and by midnight realized we were way too tired to go home. We stayed overnight, but Eva decided since she was sleeping with us, that it would be AWESOME to wake up at 6:30am. Oh you better believe it was... Just. Awesome.

Tuesday - We started a women's bible study with 4 other women from our church. Most of us are mom's so we are meeting in the afternoon's for tea and scones. Or coffee and cookies. Or something totally less dorky, like chips and pop. This week was our first bible study and I'm really excited to see where it will go. I'm more excited for the fellowship and encouragement. We had it at Audrey's place, and after it was over, I stayed to help Audrey get ready for Greg's birthday party. It was a big poker party, women at one poker table, men at the other. Lucky us, we got to take care of the chitlins while trying to play a masterful game of poker. Let's just say it wasn't easy.

Wednesday - More Settler's with friends from out of town who were here for Greg's party. We started playing around 4:30 in the afternoon and went till somewhere around 6:30pm. Before we knew it we had consumed a large bag of chips, a large bag of Doritos, a huge pack of Twizzlers and Wine Gums...and it was all chugged down with many a' Pepsi. Needless to say I wanted to puke. Steve leaned over to me when our game was over and was like "So.....are we having supper?" Ah...yeah...no.

Thursday - My first day back at work! Crazy. I'm working 5 hours a week on Thursdays back at an optical store to bring in a little extra cash. I'm still able to collect maternity benefits this way. It was bizarre being away from my baby for that long. I then rushed home to make Prime Rib roast (someone was generous enough to give us one, and I was looking for an excuse to use it) with an Asparagus Potato Tart, but by the time I found phyllo pastry I didn't have the time to let it thaw on the counter for 5 hours. I resorted to twice baked potatoes and a salad. Two other couples came for supper, and we had our first couples bible study (two bible study's in one week! We is some bible lovin' folk) Oh and how could we forget to cap off bible study with The Office.

Today I got together with a friend and fellow blogger Carla whom I hadn't seen in awhile, and we had coffee while our used-to-be-tiny baby girls crawled and walked and played. I can't get over how they have changed. Carla's already done maternity leave and back to work. I'm back to work! Yeesh. So that's my busy week at a glance. It won't be stopping anytime soon, since we are headed up north this evening for a friends wedding this weekend.

And since I didn't blog for a week, and then gave you an incredibly lame post on what I did all week, here are some pics from Tara and Jon's visit and our stroll at the lake to make up for it.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you are one busy Mom! Don't forget to take time to celebrate Mother's Day this weekend!
Tarilie

Blog Archive