Anticipating Baby #2

The first trimester of pregnancy is never very fun. Just extreme exhaustion and nauseous stomach everyday that comes from growing a human inside you. Today I had my first upset tummy turned to holding my head over the toilet bowl...all because of changing my baby's poopy diaper this morning. Yep. It was that bad. It gagged me so bad, I am glad I was changing her on the floor, because once that diaper was off and I had swiped the poo off her bum I was booking it for the bathroom. I'll be 11 weeks on Friday which means I'm almost out of first trimester hell. When I was pregnant with Eva I felt fantastic in my second trimester. My energy was back, I had a cute bump that made me look pregnant and not fat, but I wasn't so big that my whole body hurt. It was great. I'm looking forward to crossing that 12 week finish line and feeling like a human again.

Last Friday Steve and I looked after our friends 5 month baby boy. It was our first taste of having TWO babies and let me tell you....CHAOS. Liam was with us for 3 hours, but for the last hour and a half he decided that maybe he'd just like to scream. I think he was hungry, but he's all about breastfeeding, so even though my friend had pumped he was DISGUSTED that I was giving him a bottle and screamed even harder. My friend had also brought a small amount of baby cereal, which he had just recently been introduced to, but between screaming and writhing his body to get out of our arms that wasn't working so well either. Somewhere in there Eva decided she was hungry too, and while Liam was screaming, she decided she get in on the screaming action as well. Steve and I were running around, each one of us trying to calm down a baby. Both of us snapped at each other "Help me!"

When Eva was sleeping and in bed and Liam was soothed and being rocked to sleep, Steve looked at me and said "I feel sorry for you...this is going to be your life everyday when the new baby comes along".

Thanks Steve.

6 comments:

Julie Hawryluk said...

oh hunny it wont be as bad as that! Eva will be older and more clamed down and might even want to "play mommy" herself and help you out!! Everything will work out great... I hope you get feeling better too!

Kindra said...

Thanks, but it's not Eva I'm worried about. She was actually perfect all night just playing around and stuff...just at one moment she got worked up she was hungry. It was Liam's fussiness that stressed me out, and I really hope this new baby isn't fussy! I really won't be used to it.

Me said...

You and Steve are both laid back so I'm sure baby #2 will follow in those footsteps. The age spread will be more manageable too!

Anonymous said...

aww, I'm sure everything will be great, your love for your kids helps you through anything they throw at you! :) *hugs* to you, I'm routin for your 12 week finish line! :)

Vanessa said...

Hmmm, your post doesn't give me much confidence in the ease of having two kids. Darn. On the upside, the way you blogged about it, it was pretty funny! Thanks for the laughs!

audrey said...

I didn't know Liam was such a stresser that night.

Blog Archive