A Picture A Day: Baking with my Girls

Oh Hello there blog.  I'm sorry you are so sad and lonely.  I thought making you private would make me feel better, but it only squelched my creativity.  You can be friends with everyone again.  You'll be seeing a lot more of me I promise.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to find beauty in everything; to suck the marrow out of life, enjoying every last drop of it.  I need to force myself to be more creative and develop my artist's eye.  I have decided to take a picture a day for 2011.  Starting today.  360 pictures.  Pictures I will share with you.  Hopefully bettering my photography skills and not to mention capturing these juicy bits of life so they don't sift through my finger tips.


Today's moment:  Making Triple Chocolate Scotcheroos.

The girl's excitement to help me in the kitchen was thick as butter.  Each movement they made was in anticipation "is it my turn yet?"  "do I get to pour the crispies now?" "can I scoop the peanut butter?"


I tried not to squirm too much when their little fingers dipped into the nutella only to be plunged back into the bowl.


When the crispies were measured and the peanut butter and nutella scooped, the rest of the tasks were quite dangerous, so Mama took over.  They were still so desperate to help me....so out came the spatulas to be licked clean.  "Can you help Mommy with this?"

Definitely.






So here's my peace offering to you Sad Little Bloggy: a slice of scotcheroo made with love by two little girls.

And here's to 2011.  I'm really looking forward to you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Kin's back! Is that your new pad...wow! Looks beautiful - or at least the blurry kitchen backrounds. :) Can't wait to come and see it in person. I'm thinking that part of this sucking the marrow out of life for us should include a road trip so we can have a mid week visit and a sleepover playdate! Feb!? Mar!? Thoughts!!??
Love you miss you - kiss those littles for me!
Victoria

Kindra said...

Victoria, I will definitely suck the marrow out of life to have a playdate/sleepover with you! It WILL happen this year. Miss you lots and love you and your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

YAY, I always loved your blog and am so excited that it's back! I also love your New Year's resolution and your pictures are amazing! I will have to come and visit again soon!
Tarilie

Auntie Dorie said...

Awwww Kindra! These pics really made my day! Baking was one of my favourite things to do when I ran my little daycare. The other thing that was so much fun was listening to the little conversations that happen over snack time or lunch. They were the best lunchtimes I ever had!!! Hugs to you all! Auntie Dorie
PS Anna and I want to have a sleepover!

Kindra said...

Thanks Tarilie and Auntie Dorie!

Blog Archive