Pooey Days & Moroccan Cuisine

Sorry I've been slacking, but I've honestly felt like a big pile o' poo. My thyroid is not yet under control, and am really starting to wonder if I just need to give the meds more time, or go see my doc to change my hormone dosage. I pretty much sleep ALL the time. I'm more tired now than when I wasn't getting any sleep when Eva was first born, and I probably sleep 12-14 hours a day. Ugh, gross. I'm also really emotional. I feel terrible.

Despite all the tiredness, I had a very full day on Sunday. I had Audrey and Liam's baby shower all afternoon, and then we were off to our new International food group, called The Secret-Secret Geography Club. Hehe. We get together once a month, choose a country, and each bring a dish to represent that cultures food. Sunday was our first dinner party, and we had Moroccan.


I'm not a huge fan of fruit in savory dishes, or spices like cinnamon in something that isn't dessert, so my culinary taste buds were definitely expanded. The food was really interesting.


We were also very Moroccan and ate the entire dinner with our hands. Next month we are doing Thai Hot Pot and I can't wait for that!

Since Sunday was soooo busy, I spent the last three days recovering by sleeping A LOT and not doing much of anything. I really can't help it. I have a two hour nap in the afternoon, hoping to wake up and feel refreshed and I just don't. Anyways, because of my tiredness and un-motivatedness, I have been reading a lot of books. It doesn't take a lot of effort and I can do it while I feed Eva. I'm already on my 8th novel of 2008 and January isn't over yet! I know...it's ridiculous. I have read some very good books lately though.

I've been trying to work up some energy to get back to the gym. Exercise is the best natural anti-depressant, so everyday I think "tomorrow's the day!" ....then tomorrow rolls around and I can't seem to get up enough energy to get up off the couch let alone go and work out. Tomorrow there is a yoga class at the Y, and I figure that it's an easy, gentle work out...so I hope that tomorrow really is the day. We'll see.

Alright...I've expended enough energy for one evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kindra,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still not feeling very well. I think it's great that you're reading a lot of books though, it must be somewhat therapeutic. I'm sure when your body is ready, you will have the energy to work out, I would just give yourself more time. Your cooking club sounds absolutely awesome, what a great idea! I can't believe that Eva is already eating solid food, time goes so fast! I read that you're teaching her baby sign language on your facebook, that's awesome. I've heard a little bit about it, but I can't wait to find out more from you. I think it's completely fascinating! WE HAVE to get together soon for coffee or tea again! I don't think this week will work for me, but definitely the next! We have soo much to talk about!! Take care, rest and relax all that you can!
See you soon!
Tarilie

Erika Britt said...

boo that sucks! I got really sick in 12th grade which resulted in "chronic fatigue" like symptoms for months and months after. Sucked real bad. Mind you, I didn't have a little one to run after all the time. I hope you are well soon. The cooking club does sound awesome! I'm a HUGE fan of cinnamon and nutmeg in savory/curry dishes... I hope you get won over soon! Thai food is my favorite ethnic food of ALL TIME... I'm curious to see what you guys come up with.

Blog Archive