Do You Know the Muffin Man?

I have had enjoyed a blissful 2 1/2 hours of quiet. I think this is my favorite time of day....my husby is at work, my baby is sleeping, and I am sipping and savoring a delicious cup of coffee while I stare out the window. I also get quiet reading time, or facebook/hotmail/bloggie time.

This morning to go with my coffee I baked some delicious Wildberry Muffins.



Look at that luscious, pink batter



Now these aren't your regular run of the mill kind of muffins. They come complete with crispy, crunchy cinnamon sugar topping.



Bake 20 minutes until they are a golden caramel color, and then you can dive in.


I don't even have a website to link it to since I found these so long ago, I don't even remember where they came from. This recipe comes to you courtesy of my trusty, little red book.

Wildberry Muffins


1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (or just blueberries)

Crumb Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp + 2 tsp flour (weird measurment, I know)
2 tbsp butter
3/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Place vegetable oil in a one cup measuring cup and add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in berries. Fill muffin cups to top. Mix all the ingredients for crumb topping together with a fork, and sprinkle on top of muffins. Bake for 20- 25 minutes.

*Makes about 9 muffins.


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I made it the other day and used blueberries for the frozen fruit. Nialle DOES NOT like blueberries, but can't get enough of these muffins. Super nummy!

Kindra said...

That's awesome Vanessa! I'm glad you guys like them. They are our all-time fave muffins. I made some banana choco chip muffins last week, and as I was making them Steve was like "Can you put that cinnamon sugar topping from the blueberry muffins on them?"...so it's a staple in our house now.

Blog Archive