You're It!

You've been tagged! If you read this blog, you are a mom, AND you have a blog of your own, this is a Momma Tag. Fill out these questions on your own blog. Seriously...you have to...or else....your blog will spontaneously com bust...or something like that (don't you hate when people send you email surveys like that? That you will die in 5 days if you don't IMMEDIATELY answer the survey?...but you might. So go do it.) Happy Blogging!


Typical time of wake-up: 9am...thank you Eva!
How long you have been a momma: 7 and a half beautiful months
How old were you when you became a mom: 23 years old...but I turned 24 two days later. She was my almost-birthday baby.
Favorite Kids show: Veggie Tales! This is the only kids show we watch. I never got into the Veggie Tales fad as a teenager when all my friends did...but now I can see why! Great morals and the songs get stuck in your head :) Sometimes I find myself randomly singing "Brocoli! Celery! Gotta be...Veggie Tales!"
Least Favorite Kids show: Those dang Doodle-Bops!! We turned on CBC kids one morning for Eva and they were on....never again.
Favorite chore: If I really have to pick one, maybe folding laundry. I can do it while watching t.v. and it is slightly relaxing. Actually putting it away is another story.
Least favorite chore: ALL OF THEM!
Meal you cook most often: hmmm....this is a toughy. I experiment with new suppers all the time, so I don't really cook things "often". But ones we love are Stir-Fried Beef and Green Beans with Peanut Sauce and Roasted Salmon with Sweet-n-Hot Mustard Glaze.
Kids favorite meal: Anything with peaches in it. My dad introduced Eva to peaches when he was here last because he bought her some jars of peach baby food. I had never seen her eat so eagerly! Dad ended up buying her some Mott's Peach Mango applesauce, and then Steve and I bought her some Peach Pineapple Orange Cereal....that girl is all about the peaches.
5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom:
1. Hearing Eva's babbles and coo's...I absolutely love her "Ga ga ga", "BAH BAH BAH!" and pterodactyl squeals. Puts a smile on my face every time.
2. New baby achievements
3. Baby laughter could absolutely, unequivocally warm my heart, even on a horrible day.
4. Watching Eva play with her Daddy.
5. Eva's rolly polly thighs, arms and cheeks...and her chubby baby feet.
Favorite thing your husband does with your kids: has crazy Daddy/Daughter time! Steve will do many flips, somersaults, airplane rides, shoulder rides and jumping up and down on the bed and Eva will squeal with glee.
Last time you went out with no kids: As a matter of fact, last night! Little get together at a friends house...who had all brought their babies. It felt weird.
If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be: Probably to visit Eva's Granny in Guatemala. She hasn't seen her since she was 3 weeks old.
Favorite pastime/activity with kids: Swimming and going for walks. Although you'd think that walking would get me in bikini-wearing body, however, when it's filled with sno bobs and candy I seem to cancel out the calorie-burning factor.
1 thing you said you would never do when you were a mom: Spoil my kid so she becomes whiney, bratty and gets her way.
If you had an afternoon to yourself what would you do? Are we talking like, I have the money to do whatever I want? In that case, I'd get my hair done, massage, pedicure, and buy a new outfit....I'd even do all those things with a baby! Any offers for giving me spa gift certificates?
1 thing you do that your mom did & now you do: She read to me. It was probably one of my favorite things. I want Eva to love reading too, and to enjoy me reading to her....as a matter of fact I just got a big box of books for FREE. Thanks Julie!
Favorite quality of your own mom: Best smile and laugh...ever! I really miss that laugh.
Favorite kids book: Yeesh...I don't know if I could pick a favorite, I have too many. Here are my top ones:
1. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
2. Something From Nothing by Phoebe Gilman
3. Anything by Eric Carle
Best advice for a new mom: Talk to other new moms. Don't listen to every thing the health nurse tells you. Put your baby down and take a break...or a nap. It's okay if they cry!
Scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom: It probably would have been Eva's first immunization shots. Most piercing, heart-breaking cry you will ever hear!
Most joyful moment as a mom: The day she was born.
Last time your child told you they love you: Little Pooper can't talk yet, but I feel her love all the time.
Last time you said I love you to your kid(s): Before she went down for her nap. Can't say I love you too much!!

Sorry if I've disappointed you all with a survey. Get over it....and then go fill out your own.

And then leave me a comment so I can read about your Momma Adventures.

0 comments:

Blog Archive